Monday, October 5, 2009

Stepping Back in Journalism Job Searches

So yesterday I decided to take a look at journalismjobs.com to see what's going on with Journalism job market. I found some internships to apply to (paid of course) and a couple jobs around the country. I decided to take a break from applying to journalism jobs for a bit to keep from getting frustrated. I'm gonna look at my cover letter and change it up at bit but keep the basic format. Make sure everything is in order and whatnot. I think I'll head off to a coffee shop today and work on that before I start applying. I want to have applied to everything in my list I made in the next two weeks especially since a two of the three internships deadlines are November 1. Plus the earlier you submit applications the better chance you have of getting in. I also need to read my articles to actually pick good ones. I have print articles in my print portfolio that I might just type up so I can send those ones in as well. I also might send my review of Jolly Pumpkin I did on here the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment