Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chicago Trip

Last week I went to Chicago to see if I could transfer to an Express in Chicago. I went with my sorority sister. It took us a while to get to the store on Michigan Ave. First of all once we go to MI ave we were going the wrong way. But a nice doorman at the Hilton hotel helped us out. We had to get on a bus, but we didn't have the proper bus fare so we went to several places asking for change finally got some at Jimmy Johns. Got on the bus and we learned that the fare had gone up .25cents than the previous summer. We took to long getting off the bus and it almost started to move while we tried to get off. Finally after walking a few more blocks we made it.

I talked to a manager there and told him who I was. At first he wanted me to come back next week for a group interview but I told him I couldn't because I lived 4 hours away. So instead he told me to come back at 2 to meet with the scheduling manager. I met with her and told her how long I'd been with the company why I liked working there and why I wanted to transfer to that specific store. I was very happy to learn that I only had to go to one store and not all three. While I was waiting for the interview it was hard to me not to straighten and size stuff in the store. The other associates there probably thought I was trying to steal something because I was just walking around not trying anything on or asking for help.

So as of now I'm waiting to hear if they've contacted my manager yet. I hope I can get a start date soon. I'll have to get another part time job too. I was thinking about working at Coach. I still want to freelance for the Chicago Reader. but I'm going wait until I get to Chicago to figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment